Golden Trowel Award
This recognition is given by The WV Master Gardener Association to an individual staff person of the West Virginia Extension Service (county or state level) for their unwavering support of the WV Master Gardener Program.
Previous Golden Trowel Award Recipients
Cathy Brown – 2005
Bonnie Shough – 2006
Leanne Moorman – 2006
Wayne Bennett – 2007
Susan Waugh – 2008
H.R. Scott – 2009
Larry G. Campbell – 2010
Dr. John Jett – 2012
John McCutcheon – 2014
Jennifer Williams – 2015
Guidelines for Selection of Golden Trowel Award Recipient
- Nominations must be in writing with a narrative documenting concise examples
of their contributions to Extension Master Gardener programs, at the local, regional or state
level. Each nomination is limited to two single-sided pages.
- All nominations must be submitted to the Chairman of the WV Master Gardener
Association Awards Committee. In the event the nomination is coming from the
local level, it must be endorsed by the Executive Committee of the local group.
- Nominations must be submitted at least two (2) months prior to the established
dates for the annual West Virginia State Master Gardener’s Conference.
- Two letters of support must be included with the nomination. These letters will
include letters from:
1. an officer of the local organization, or in the event contributions have been
related to regional or state level activities or program, the chairman or
coordinator for such programs or activities.
2. the Extension Agent who has actively worked with this individual.
- This award is presented annually at the West Virginia Master Gardener
Association’s annual conference. The recipient of this award must agree to attend
- An individual may receive the Golden Trowel Award only once.
- Nominations may be resubmitted each year, but must show evidence of updating
and the nominee’s sustained support of the WVEMG Program.
Download a sample of a Golden Trowel Award nomination (pdf)
Nominations and letters of endorsement must be in one packet and sent to: Dee Fournier at email@example.com or by calling 304-258-5899.
250 Wild Turkey Lane
Berkeley Springs, WV 25411
Year guidelines adopted: 2007