Honorary Master Gardener Award
This recognition is given by The WV Master Gardener Association to an individual who has given unwavering support to the West Virginia Master Gardener Program at the county, regional or state level.
Guidelines for selection of Award Recipient
- It is given to an individual who is has not completed a formal master gardener program.
- Nominations must be in writing with a narrative documenting concise examples of the individual’s contributions to Master Gardener programs, at the local, regional or state level. Each nomination is limited to two single-sided pages.
- All nominations must be submitted to the Chairman of the WV Master Gardener Association Awards Committee. In the event the nomination is coming from the local level, it must be endorsed by the Executive Committee of the local group.
- Nominations must be submitted at least two (2) months prior to the established date for the annual West Virginia State Master Gardener’s Conference.
Two letters of support must be included with the nomination. These letters will include a letter from: A.) an officer of the local organization, or in the event contributions have been related to regional or state level activities or program, the chairman or coordinator for such programs or activities; and, B.) the Extension Agent who has actively worked with this individual.
- This award is presented annually at the West Virginia Master Gardener Association’s annual conference. The recipient of this award must agree to attend the conference.
- An individual may be the recipient of the Honorary Master Gardener Award only once.
- Nominations may be resubmitted each year, but must show evidence of updating and the nominee’s sustained support of the Master Gardener Program.
Download a sample nomination and support letter (pdf).
Nominations should be sent to Dee Fournier at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 304-258-5899.
250 Wild Turkey Lane
Berkeley Springs, WV 25411